Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Ex-Files

I think I'm finally over my ex. This was sparked by the #ThanksToMyEx #TT on twitter. Yea, I know. How Ironic. I've come to realize that my ex really wasn't that bad to me. Yes, he played with my emotions.. lied.. strung me along--- all that good shit but... I'm ok. Because of him, I really know who I am now. I know what I want in a relationship and I know what I can't handle. I know that sounds cliche as fuck, but he really did help me A LOT. He met me at a time when I really didn't know who I was. I was so lost. He helped me find myself. He gave me more power than anyone. He showed me how love felt.. and how it feels when love leaves. I know how it feels to be hurt. I know how it feels to have all of your feelings put out there and for shit still to fail. I know how it feels to know that regardless of how you feel, it doesn't matter unless the other person feels the same way.
Because of him, I'm not afraid to love. I'm not afraid to be myself. I'm not afraid to be blunt.

No comments: