Monday, March 1, 2010

Dreams.

When I was younger I had dreams. BIG dreams. I wanted to be an astronaut. I wanted to be a geologist and study rocks. I wanted to be a tight-rope walker in the circus. I wanted to be a singer. I wanted to be a writer. I wanted to be a psychologist. I wanted to be a rapper. I had BIG dreams. I had this plan set out for myself; nicely outlined in my little pink & orange diary. I knew where I'd be at 22. College graduate, going to grad school, engaged to be married. Now I see that my outline isn't really working out. I never considered the fact that just because I wanted to do all of these GREAT things didn't mean I wouldn't accomplish them by my set date. I also wanted to be a fashion designer-- for footwear. It takes more than just believing in yourself to follow your dreams. You have to work hard. Even if you DO work hard, some things just aren't meant to be and you must realize that before you're 30 & still living at home with your parents.
I still have dreams; I just have to work harder now to make sure they become a reality.

No comments: