Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Arizona Immigration Law

B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE, WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON.




E. A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.



AKA the racial profiling law. When I first heard this I said to myself "WOW". That's all I could think. Do you not see how this law is flawed? Any person who LOOKS like they are an illegal alien can be stopped & searched. Well how does an illegal alien look? Like a Mexican? Hmmmm Okay. I have a few relatives who look Hispanic. I have friends who are darker than me but are from South America. I don't think these officers will stop persons who appear to be Canadian or umm European or whatnot. Nope, just those Mexicans. I can't even speak on this right now. So upsetting. I see you John McCain. No more Arizona Ice tea for me.

No comments: