Wednesday, August 25, 2010

RIP Aaliyah





RIP Aaliyah Dana Haughton (January 16, 1979 – August 25, 2001) 



Can't believe it's been nine years already. I remember where I was when I first heard about it. I was in the projects with my sisters DeeDee & Meka. KK called Dee on the phone and said thats what she heard... We all were like no whatever, its just a rumor. You don't joke about stuff like that. Sadly later on that night we turned to MTV where they had it scrolling across the bottom of the screen. Then every news channel picked it up as well. 






The next day on channel 1 during school most people were silent. Some cried. I didn't. I was sad though. I just couldn't believe it.


RIP Aaliyah. Following your death your song "Rock The Boat" helped me find my inner "Bee". I memorized that dance and did it at Kate Barr Ross that day & caught the eye of that guy, who later became my boyfriend. *sigh* I love you Baby Girl.


No comments: