Monday, April 26, 2010

Memories..

When I was in fourth grade I had finally gained enough confidence to perform in the school talent show by myself & I wanted to sing "No Scrubs" by TLC with two more of my friends. I was gonna be Chilli of course so I could sing lead. Unfortunately them hating ass hoes said it wasn't appropriate for us to sing. You see we had to explain what a scrub was-- duh! "A guy who can't get no love from me!" smh. Britney Spears was banned too. Ugh. We ended up singing "I'm Proud to be an American" by some country artist. "..from the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee. Across the plains of Texas- from sea to shining sea. From Detroit down to Houston. From New York to LA... & I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free & I won't forget the man who died who gave that right to me & I'll gladly stand up next to you & defend her still today.." & then they rolled out this big ass poster dedicated to the POW who had just returned home from the middle east. So I guess we were a 'big deal'.

No comments: