Saturday, September 4, 2010

Excuse Me…

But there is a difference between being Southern and having an accent and sounding like a country bumpkin only a few feet from the slave plantation. Yes, you can tell from the way I talk I ain’t from around here. :) I’m from Texas and proud of it! I love being a Southern girl. Shucks, I reckon I’m one of that there um Southern Belles. *hehehe*

My southern twang is the same and your hood speak or slanguistics. I can turn it off when I need to.. but I rather not. I enjoy having a lil twang in my thang. Giddy up. Howdy. Shoooot. Aint will forever be apart of my vernacular. I’m southern NOT to be confused with country ;)

5 comments:

@On1yAdam said...

Yeah, I know the feeling a lot of people say that about my accent. Hell ghetto talk is nothing more than a variation of country anyway lol.

Hell, Texas and NC are very much alike in that manner especially because a lot of people travel form around the word to NC, GA, FL, & TX but well some idiots you just cant explain that too. you may not have an accent at all. It could just be your voice lol

Bee Michelle said...

Exactly! I do have a slight accent. You can tell I'm from Texas.. but if you came here you'd see that NO one sounds like me at all. I have my own voice. =] I'm unique!

@On1yAdam said...

I dated a few women from texas, that slight accent isnt really that uncommon even as far out as el paso lol. Then again I never heard your voice so im actually speculating form what I know other texas natives lol.

Bee Michelle said...

You've never watched any of my videos?? smh.

@On1yAdam said...

to be honest. no.